Cal U High School Early Admit (HSEA) Program
HSEA Winter 2021 (Authorization Form and Course Offerings attached)
Deadline to apply to secure registration: Tentatively, December 1, 2021
Course dates: 12/13/2021 - 01/12/2022
Program is for current juniors and seniors
A three credit course for in-state students: $303 plus the cost of books and supplies.
Stand Out and Get Ahead
Get a jump-start on your college education by earning college credits at Cal U while you're still in high school.
- Stand out on your college applications.
- Enter college with credits earned, making it easier to double major, participate in internships or graduate early.
- Explore different areas of study to discover your interests.
Save approximately 75% of tuition costs for your High School Early Admit (HSEA) courses.
On Campus or Online
Earn up to 30 Cal U credits by taking either traditional face-to-face classes on campus or 100% online courses that allow you complete coursework anytime, anywhere.
- We recommend taking one course per term. Requests from students for additional courses will be reviewed by the dean.
- You can select your course(s) for the term you want to attend - fall, winter, spring or summer - by using the "program start date" filter on our course listings page.
- Don't forget to make sure you meet all course prerequisites.
For further information regarding recommended courses, email [email protected].
HSEA students pay a reduced tuition rate of just 25% plus the PASSHE technology fee. You and your family can also save on future college costs by transferring your Cal U credits to other accredited institutions of higher education or using them toward a Cal U degree.
- If you decide to attend Cal U once you graduate from high school, you must apply as a degree-seeking student. We'll waive the application fee.
You're eligible to apply to Cal U's HSEA program if you:
- Have completed your sophomore year of high school.
- Have an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Have taken a standardized test such as the SAT, ACT or PSAT.
It's easy to apply to HSEA. If you meet the requirements listed above, start your application today. Here are the simple steps you need to take:
- Complete the online application.
- Pay the one-time application fee.
- Mail your official high school transcript to the address below or email [email protected]. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school.
- Complete and mail or email the HSEA form. This form needs to be submitted each term that you are enrolled in courses.
HSEA Mailing Address:
California University of Pennsylvania
Office of Admissions - Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Cal U HSEA Authorization Form & Course Offerings (winter 2021)